Emergency Pet Care in Kearny, NJ
At Arlington Dog and Cat Hospital, we know how much you care for your furry friends, and despite your best efforts, pet emergencies can and do happen. It’s important to be able to recognize the signs of a pet emergency, remain calm and contact your emergency veterinarian as soon as possible.
If your pet is experiencing an after-hours emergency, please call our hospital at (201) 991-3664 for instructions on how to help your pet.
Signs of A Pet Emergency
When our pets are sick or injured, it may not be obvious they need care because they usually hide any symptoms of pain or discomfort. The following signs or behaviors may indicate your pet requires emergency care:
- Not interested in food or water
- Trouble breathing
- Difficulty passing stool or urine
- Severe bleeding
- Shaking or crying when touched
- Seeming tired or confused
- Consumed toxins (medication, household chemicals, chocolate, etc.)
- Steady vomiting or diarrhea
- Unable to walk or move without help
- Loss of consciousness
- Experienced a stressful event (hit by a car, attacked by another animal, etc.)